[Libwebsockets] Curl and libwebsockets

Thomas Spitz thomas.spitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:24:17 CEST 2014

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot for Andy's wonderful library and support!

I am using libwebsocket for websocket communication and Html web server.
Now I would like my server to :

   - send some HTTP/HTTPS commands (egg: in order to trigger an external
   device )
   - receive some HTTP/HTTPS commands (egg: in order to be triggered by an
   external device)
   - transfer some files using ftp, ftps
   - send emails using smtp, smtps
   - manage transfer to a NAS server
   - eventually stream an audio/video file using RTSP

My idea was to use libcurl for the functions above but maybe libwebsocket
could already do some of those functions better/easier (I am newby with
libcurl)? Does libcurl and libwebsockets can be used at the same time
without any problem?

Best regards,
Thomas