[Libwebsockets] LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_CONNECTION_ERROR never got triggered

bjorka adinov adinov.bjorka at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 11:30:40 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have a problem. I have client - server application, both utilizing
libwebsockets. The usual scenario is whenever the client application
active, it will try to connect to the server automatically. The client
use libwebsocket_client_connect() to connect. As stated in the readme, the
client has to wait for LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_CONNECTION_ERROR to know that
the connection attempt has failed. Unfortunately when the server isn't
active yet, LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_CONNECTION_ERROR never got triggered even
after 5 second, so the client can't clean up properly. I have tried this
using the samples and the result is the same.

I'm using libwebsockets version 1.4 and ms visual studio 2013. Any response
will be appreciated

Thanks