[Libwebsockets] Clean Reconnect not working

Deric Panet-Raymond dpraymond at satcomdirect.com
Sat Apr 11 20:11:10 CEST 2015

The problem is apparently when a TCP connection drops I'm not getting notified,  I tried turning on KeepALive but nothing seems to happen.  My application enters a death spiral where it spins at 100% CPU usage in the service_context loop.  The sequence is pull connection, app attempts to write data, the write is apparently successful even though the connection has been physically removed and then it goes back and spins in service_connection.

I'm kind of at a loss at this point.  My app is single threaded, I'm probably going to implement some sort of timer and if I dont receive a packet back from the server I'll tear down the connection and restart.

Sent from my LG Mobile