[Libwebsockets] building with mingw and ssl

marty leisner maleisner at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 20:10:27 CEST 2015

After much trial and tribulation, I was able to get libwebsockets to say:
CMake Error at
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:108
(message):
  Could NOT find OpenSSL, try to set the path to OpenSSL root folder in the
  system variable OPENSSL_ROOT_DIR (missing: OPENSSL_LIBRARIES) (found
  version "1.0.0e")

My cmake line is:
cmake .. -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=../cross-ming.cmake
-DOPENSSL_ROOT_DIR=$openssl  --trace

where $openssl is the mingw package I'm running (with lib and include).

Its 1.0.0e, so its obviously "finding it" but I'm guessing "it doesn't like
1.0.0.e"

marty