[Libwebsockets] interacting with a particular connection on a websocket server

Mark Goldman mgoldman at securityevaluators.com
Fri Dec 11 22:01:09 CET 2015

Is it possible to:
   1.  safely get the websockets instance outside the callback
       in the server.
   2.  use the user-data outside the callback
   3.  request libwebsocket_callback_on_writable() on a server

I would like to be able to let my server interact with a single
connected client without calling libwebsocket_callback_on_writable_all_protocol
and having logic to decide whats going on in all the
connections.  Failing that, it would be nice to be able to set a
flag in a particular connection's user-data to aid that decision
process.

I've read through the API documentation, but it is not clear if
I can do this or not, nor is it clear how I would do it if I
could.

Thanks,

-mdg