[Libwebsockets] RFC: A set of patches for 1.5 + post API change fixes

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Dec 17 00:03:13 CET 2015

On 12/17/2015 01:39 AM, Derald Woods wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> There have been many interesting API changes recently. Those changes are
> all good as far as I can tell and should make future improvements less
> painful. My immediate needs require using 1.5 as a baseline. I pulled a
> select few fixes, after the first set of API rationalizations, and now
> keep a branch to catch future fixes, until 1.6 stabilizes. My branch
> point is as follows:
>
> https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/commit/112f9806ace0d8f678d670f3e2c38ed87908d850
>
> The attached patches are directly from master with only a few API
> changes dropped. This should be a sane approach for staying at 1.5+fixes
> correct?

Yes it's sane as far as it goes, but now we've made the pre-1.6 changes
future fixes / patches will be using those apis and patching the changed
code.

So going on picking fixes in a simple way will be difficult I think,
unless you are adapting the changes to apply to 112f98 era.

I am hoping to finish up this week (I said the same thing last week...)
on the api rationalizations and issue 1.6 shortly, so hopefully the need
for this will go away.  The main thing I can see at the moment is left
is check the callback parameters and see if we can lose context there now.

-Andy