[Libwebsockets] feature request: Access to client cert beyond LWS_CALLBACK_OPENSSL_PERFORM_CLIENT_CERT_VERIFICATION

Alexander Bruines alexander.bruines at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 11:43:48 CEST 2015

Hello,

I would like to have access to the client certificate beyond LWS_CALLBACK_OPENSSL_PERFORM_CLIENT_CERT_VERIFICATION,
preferably from within LWS_CALLBACK_ESTABLISHED and for all protocols.

I need it to get information about the clients identity (for example, my certs have the clients full name stored in CN field).

I can get the info from within the LWS_CALLBACK_OPENSSL_PERFORM_CLIENT_CERT_VERIFICATION callback but this callback provides no
method of associating it with a specific connection.

Thanks,
Alex