[Libwebsockets] Questions when understanding the source code of libwebsocket

Jeffrey Zhao chunyong.zhao at qq.com
Mon Mar 16 18:10:29 CET 2015

Dear Sir
I have some questions when I am reading through the source code.

1. What's the content option [LWS_SERVER_OPTION_LIBEV‍] used for? Could you elaborate more on this option? I notice that it is not complied by default on Mac.

2. What's the extension used for websocket? I have read through RFC 6455, but can't figure out what's the purpose is 'extension' used for, Could you elaborate more for 'extension'? Maybe you can provide an example on how 'extension' is used.

3. Could you kindly recommend some tutorial documents on cmake? I have basic knowledge on autotools(autoconf, automake and libtools).

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
Jeffrey.