[Libwebsockets] Errors when building 3rd Party programs with v1.5 of LWS on WIndows

Mark Hessling mark at rexx.org
Sun Nov 1 03:48:16 CET 2015

I upgraded my version of LWS from 1.3 to 1.5 and can no longer build my
Rexx interface to LWS.

The problem is that libwebsockets.h 1.5 has removed the #ifdef that
surrounded #include "lws_config.h".  The first problem is that
lws_config.h is not in a directory that is usually included, nor is it
included as a file to install in the *.nsi that builds the Windows
installer.

If lws_config.h is made available for inclusion, errors occur on
#include <openssl/ssl.h> because certainly on my machine OpenSSL is
installed in a location like c:\OpenSSL-Win32.

It appears that the only reason for exposing lws_config.h to builds
outside of building LWS itself is to set LWS_SIZEOFPTR; new since v1.3.

Not sure if the resolution is to surround #include "lws_config.h" again
with CMAKE_BUILD and expose LWS_SIZEOFPTR some other way, or protect
other areas of libwebsockets.h with CMAKE_BUILD like #include
<openssl/ssl.h>

Cheers, Mark

--
* Mark Hessling, mark at rexx.org http://www.rexx.org/
* Author of THE, a Free XEDIT/KEDIT editor and, Rexx/SQL, Rexx/CURL, etc.