[Libwebsockets] Errors when building 3rd Party programs with v1.5 of LWS on WIndows

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Sun Nov 1 09:09:53 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

The point of lws_config.h is to provide information about what options
were configured when libwebsockets was compiled so you can detect
server support etc. This can mean it ends up with not a lot of
content.

It's certainly a bug that lws_config.h isn't included.

The problem with the openssl header is that if libwebsockets is
compiled with SSL support then any third party programs need to have
knowledge of openssl data types - they are used in the
lws_context_creation_info struct (the point there is to allow an
already existing SSL_CTX to be used). It means you need to provide
include paths for openssl when compiling your own application.

Cheers,

Roger