[Libwebsockets] Lws admin

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Oct 11 11:20:33 CEST 2015

Hi -

I have been busy with paying work (ie not lws) for some months now.  I'm sorry that has not been very graceful for lws.

However at least for the next week, I am on holiday and have some time to catch up a bit.

In particular I think I need to give up on lws trac and point people to github.  The amount of spam that attracts is amazing, I don't have time to keep it from becoming a spampocalypse.

In terms of features and functionality, it has been 5 years since I started lws and I think it's pretty complete.  In fact considering nobody appears to be using the optional http2 support I added nearly a year ago, I think it's probably more than complete.

Obviously there are still small bugs and improvements being found... but I would say it's in a mature state.  Is there any stuff that we really ought to be adding to it, from where it is?  I guess people will continue to send small, useful patches as recently... but in terms of structural changes or other large works?

I updated appveyor to point to somewhere that has the openssl blob it wants, but he seems to have changed where makensis lives or the utility name changed... I have no idea what to do about fixing that windows-specific thing, so any help appreciated.