[Libwebsockets] Lws admin

Joakim Söderberg joakim.soderberg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:57:56 CEST 2015

Hello!

Great that you're alive, I figured that real life / work was the case :)
But got a little worried there...

Anyhow, I think getting rid of Trac is a good idea as well. Better to just
have one place for stuff, and not having to deal with the work of hosting
something yourself.

Regarding features to add. I don't think adding any big functionality is
what's needed no. Fixing bugs and making sure stuff follows the standard is
a better focus. One structural change that comes to mind would be to make
the adding of new protocols  more dynamic, not sure how exactly though.

I think adding a test program that passes http://autobahn.ws/testsuite/
would be a great addition. As well as adding unit tests where possible
(then wrapping those in valgrind on the Continous Integraiton services will
catch breaking changes and memory leaks easily).

I have fixed the Appveyor stuff in this pull requests. As well as fixed
some memory leak issues, and one double free on an OpenSSL error (if I
recall correctly). Anyway look at the individual commits. It also includes
breaking out private headers from the public ones:
https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/pull/296

Might I also suggest closing all open pull requests. Right now there are a
ton open ones, and it's hard to see which is relevant. Closing them all
maybe with a message to the author to re-open it if it's still relevant.

There have been a lot of "colliding fixes" while you've been away, people
fixing the same thing and what not.

/Joakim