[Libwebsockets] Consistent delay of 20 seconds on mac for LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_WRITEABLE

Tor Krill tor at openproducts.com
Fri Sep 11 18:56:41 CEST 2015

Hi,

A bit late on this matter but i think i'm seeing a similar problem. This
is however on a x64 Linux computer.

I have a similar setup. A separate thread service the websocket library
(libwebsocket_service) and i process incoming data in that context.

But when i want to send data not triggered by some received data i do
this in another thread that queues a message and then signal
libwebsockets, via libwebsocket_callback_on_writable_all_protocol, that
there is data to be sent.

The libwebsockets thread then sends the data when it revecives the
LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_WRITEABLE reason in its callback.

This setup seems to work ok but i run in to a similar problem to that
shyam describes below.

Data won't be be sent until the libwebsocket_service times out. I.e. if
i do a:

libwebsocket_service( context, 1000);

it takes a second before any message is sent. I.e. the same time as the
timeout is set to. If i change the timeout, the delay before sending a
message is also changed.

When reading up on the documentation i see a

libwebsocket_cancel_service

Which indicates that it could interrupt the service routine?

Unfortunately the packaging of libsockets on my distro seems a bit old
and don't have that function call.

Am i doing things wrong here? Are there any other way to make the
service routine process the write request more immediately?

Best!

/Tor

--
Tor Krill <tor at openproducts.com>           https://www.openproducts.com
+46 (707) 143631                           Connected and Protected