[Libwebsockets] regarding plain http vs websockets

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Apr 2 23:11:37 CEST 2016

On April 2, 2016 10:12:47 PM GMT+08:00, "Suman.Patro-TRN" <Suman.Patro-TRN at lntebg.com> wrote:
>Thanks Andy.
>Regarding websockets,  does libwebsockets provide something to handle
>other server connections. My goal is to make a server listen on
>multiple ports and I have a tcp server within which I call websockets
>server of libwebsockets,  but that blocks,  does libwebsockets have any
>mechanism to handle such a scenario or do I need to handle at my code
>level?

It's not clear enough from your description how to come at it.

 - for integration with something else's existing poll loop, look at EXTERNAL_POLL in the test server.  This is usually used to 'bolt on' lws to an existing server.

 - for http[s] and / or ws[s] multiple listen ports, look at the new vhosts stuff on master, and how lwsws uses it

If those don't fit, describe your architechture more clearly.

-Andy