[Libwebsockets] Latest version

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Feb 1 17:07:49 CET 2016

On February 1, 2016 10:16:04 PM GMT+08:00, Srikar Vadlamani <SrikarVadlamani at trafficware.com> wrote:
>When is 1.7.0 coming?

Today it seems we should wait for the libuv port, if that doesn't take too long.  Libev / uv and multithreaded service needs testing.

Otherwise it should be good to go afaik.

I know some amount of people use master from bug reports. But unless there's some guy(s) actively testing it and shaking the tree and communicating, it's difficult to judge from silence how ready it is.  Silence sometimes means everything working and sometimes only that nobody hit the problem yet or hit the problem, shrugged and went back to 1.6 and got on with their life.  (For example your email is not giving me any info about your testing of it, just "tell me when you will tag something").

>From my own testing HEAD continues to pass Coverity, Travis, Appveyor, Autobahn, attack.sh and the usual test server and client.  From users recently I know it's generally working on Windows and I'm waiting to hear about Codenomicon from the guy who has that.

Looking at 1.6 he similarly worked quite well but went out with bugs on non-mainstream features like uri argument processing and libev.  They were caught quite quickly after release but it seems many people only try it *after* release.  Maybe the answer is do our best and then use the recently-introduced stable branches to get ported fixes in realtime so they tend to get more perfect subsequently.

-Andy