[Libwebsockets] v1.7.1

Andrejs Hanins andrejs.hanins at ubnt.com
Mon Feb 22 16:03:47 CET 2016

On 02/22/2016 04:44 PM, Andrejs Hanins wrote:
> Andy,
>
> On 02/22/2016 03:52 PM, Andrejs Hanins wrote:

>>> How could I reproduce that?  Test-server-extpoll doesn't give -1 fd (it's 'invalid fd') at the change callback when tested with chrome, for example.
>> It currently happens only in my complex application, I don't know how to reproduce it easily. I'm currently bisecting.
> Bisect found that 8c1f6026a7f95d0bbed342c2aabbc14b509602c3 is the first bad commit.
> Further debug shows that offending _lws_change_pollfd is called from lws_allocate_header_table (the second call).
> When entering into lws_allocate_header_table, the wsi->sock is already -1, wsi->position_in_fds_table is 0
> and wsi->state is 6 (LWSS_CLIENT_UNCONNECTED).
One more hint: lws_allocate_header_table is called right from the lws_client_connect_via_info, which doesn't yet have
sock created, but position_in_fds_table is zero-alloced to 0, which is supposed to be -1 if sock is not created, isn't it?
As a result, _lws_change_pollfd thinks that fd position is valid and uses sock value.

Andy, it should be easy to figure out for you the best way to fix it, I suppose.

BR, Andrey