[Libwebsockets] v1.7.1

Andrejs Hanins andrejs.hanins at ubnt.com
Tue Feb 23 12:48:46 CET 2016

Hi,

On 02/20/2016 03:34 AM, Andy Green wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I have been tracking master with v1.7-stable branch except for patches that affect the API, it's early days but that has worked out well... it's the first time we had a stable branch contemporary with the release.  I guess that will slow down as the branches diverge.
>
> The point release is necessitated by a small but annoying bug with http/1.1 keepalive when lws is returning errors, the connection could not close but had to wait for a timeout from the peer.  This bug had been there for a while but was hidden by lws closing the connection needlessly.  Now it acts well for close this also needed fixing.
Having another problem with v1.7.1. To close WS connection I request writable and return -1 from the writable callback, in previous versions it caused CLOSED callback to be called, but not anymore with v1.7.1. What I see from the logs is the following:

lws_calllback_as_writeable: 0x6fc600 (user=0x6f4600)
lws_service_fd: closing
Close and handled
lws_close_free_wsi: shutting down connection: 0x6fc600

But my WS connection stays alive, the only callbacks I get is about FD modification but not about WSI destroy or close. Note that disconnect initiator side continues to send data through the connection, but other side is stopped with kill -stop.

This again probably related to the the 8c1f6026a7f95d0bbed342c2aabbc14b509602c3 (multithreaded stability) commit which added shutdown(wsi->sock, SHUT_WR).

Any ideas how to get callbacks about closed WSI back?

BR, Andrey