[Libwebsockets] how to get listen fd?

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Sat Jan 9 18:39:04 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 09:44:24PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:

> On January 9, 2016 9:26:51 PM GMT+08:00, Peter Pentchev <roam at ringlet.net> wrote:
> >On Sat, Jan 09, 2016 at 03:46:36PM +0800, Andy Green wrote:
> >listening
> >However I
> >libwebsocket_get_socket_fd
> >>
> >> I'd be willing to either expose it or add a context creation flag to
> >perform the operation, but from a quick google you can only attach that
> >attribute to files, at open() time.
> >
> >Hmm, if you mean the O_CLOEXEC flag, it's actually a relatively recent
> >addition; the historical (though non-atomic) way to mark a file for
> >closing upon exec() is, as Ash mentioned, a fcntl(F_GETFD) /
> >fcntl(F_SETFD)
> >sequence, or-ing the file descriptor flags with FD_CLOEXEC in between;
> >see e.g. https://codesearch.debian.net/results/FD_CLOEXEC/page_9 for
> >some
> >examples (although most of the hits are glibc internal definitions).
>
> I see... but these hits are all on file descriptors... do you know if it
> works the same on sockets, as he's trying to do?

Yes, sockets are file descriptors in the end, so common fd actions do
work on them.  As a matter of fact, the same sequence, but with F_GETFL /
F_SETFL and the O_NONBLOCK flag is the canonical way to put a socket into
non-blocking mode... just as you do it in libwebsockets, it seems :)

> Or Ash if you are already satisfied it works, can you send a diff with
> it just hacked into context create as you tested it?

G'luck,
Peter

Peter Pentchev  roam at ringlet.net roam at FreeBSD.org pp at storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13