[Libwebsockets] Update from 1.4

Srikar Vadlamani SrikarVadlamani at trafficware.com
Tue Jan 12 16:21:19 CET 2016

Thank for the reply Andy,

What version of libev is recommended?

Srikar

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Green [mailto:andy.green at linaro.org] On Behalf Of Andy Green
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:05 PM
To: Srikar Vadlamani <SrikarVadlamani at trafficware.com>; libwebsockets at ml.libwebsockets.org
Subject: Re: [Libwebsockets] Update from 1.4

On January 11, 2016 11:00:36 PM GMT+00:00, Srikar Vadlamani <SrikarVadlamani at trafficware.com> wrote:
>I want to update from v1.4 to the latest version, I see v1.6 was
>released last month, and there are few more commits to the branch after
>that, looking at the commit messages I do not see anything major after
>1.6, do you guys agree or am I missing something?
>
>I am trying to decide if I can use v1.6 or need to pull the latest from
>the branch.

If you don't particularly care about

 - detailed close frame code generation and capture

 - uriencoded arg processing (%20 ?x=y etc)

 - compression (permessage-deflate)

 - using extensions / extension option negotiation

 - Autobahn compliance

then v1.6 should be fine.  There are a few bugfixes also in HEAD though and that will become v1.7 soon if no problems reported.

-Andy