[Libwebsockets] Closing client connection

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jul 13 14:17:43 CEST 2016

On July 13, 2016 1:17:29 AM GMT+08:00, techi eth <techieth at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am facing issue when client close without informing server (Power
>Off/Application Crash/Network Down).In that case server side still have
>that connection & i think that connection get broken on ping/pong time.

Right, but that is a reality outside of lws.

If there is no traffic after the connection was established, and one side is gone silently, the other side has no reason to think he's not still there, but silent.

You send the other guy something periodically to confirm he's silent because he has nothing to say, not that he's dead / gone.  Just sending him something will create the expectation for tcp ACKs coming back.

>What i am thinking it will be better solution if we have close
>connection
>API so that server application can decide if they want to really close
>connection.

When we say 'better' what are we comparing it with?

>I was just looking Client/Server support from .Net framework & found
>they
>will provide close interface to handle this cases.

Handle exactly what case?  What is getting fixed?

-Andy