[Libwebsockets] Standard ws SSL and compression enabled client

Michael Behrns-Miller moodboom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:33:45 CEST 2016

Hello and thanks Andy for the library, appreciate it!

I have not had any luck getting a client going using test-client.c.
I have enabled SSL and zlib in my libwebsockets build via:

   cmake -static -DLWS_WITHOUT_TESTAPPS=1 -DLWS_WITH_SSL=1
-DLWS_WITH_ZLIB=1 -DLWS_WITHOUT_EXTENSIONS=0 ..

The client starts right up, but gives me
LWS_CALLBACK_CLIENT_CONNECTION_ERROR.
Wireshark shows no packets on the requested port, so I must be doing
something wrong.
I've stepped through the process in the debugger but no bells have gone off
yet.

Is v2.0 of test-client.c ok to use for a simple standard ws client?
If so any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?
I've verified that the test server I'm using (a simple node ws server)
works with other clients
like websocket.org/echo.html.

Thanks,
Michael