[Libwebsockets] Long Client Connection Time

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Jun 8 13:24:54 CEST 2016

On 06/08/2016 06:23 PM, techi eth wrote:
> I am observing one problem of long connection time (around 10 second)
> while client connecting to server running on  BBB (Beagle Bone Black )
> ARM board.
>
> I am running libwebsocket test server on board & client connecting from
> Ubunut desktop PC.I have tried connecting client from windows machine &
> it is also taking same time.
>
> Can someone give me hint where to look for same ?

Usual suspect for things taking a long time is a problem with DNS
arrangements on the machine.

It's nothing to do with it being an Arm target, libwebsockets.org has
been a variety of Arm targets including a BBB and it always connected
instantly.

If your code is doing a DNS lookup like lws_get_peer_addresses() or
similar that provokes RDNS lookups try commenting that.

There's this on master now to avoid RNDS it just gives the IP address

LWS_VISIBLE LWS_EXTERN const char *
lws_get_peer_simple(struct lws *wsi, char *name, int namelen);

-Andy