[Libwebsockets] How to get query parameters using the GET method?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri May 20 14:54:47 CEST 2016

Hello,

a client (web browser) is requesting a web page from a server.
The server is running libwebsockets.

The URI contains query parameters in the form:
http://domain.tld/path/file?param1=value1&param2=value2

However using libwebsockets, I was unable to get the query parameters.
I do get the scriptname "file" in the variable "in" when getting
the callback with reason LWS_CALLBACK_HTTP.

I assume, the query parameters are still at their place, but lws did
replace the separating ? by a \0.

Is there a official way to retrieve the query parameters, which were
appended in the URI (using GET)?

Regards,
Roger.