[Libwebsockets] Segmentation fault (but not too serious)

Colin Adams colinpauladams at gmail.com
Sat May 21 19:11:11 CEST 2016

Today I just completed sufficient of my Idris wrapper to write the complete
V2.0 demo + plugins in Idris. Which pleased me, so I decided to install
lwsws, as when I write my application, I'd like to use it. My assumption is
that I should just be able to write the JSON files to use the same plugins,
and it should work.
To test that, I first re-compiled libwebsockets for lwsws support, then
tried typing:

lwsws

wsws[14553]: lwsws libwebsockets web server - license GPL2.1
lwsws[14553]: (C) Copyright 2010-2016 Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com>
lwsws[14553]: Using config dir: "/etc/lwsws/conf.d"
lwsws[14553]: Cannot open /etc/lwsws/conf
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So there's no default configuration installed - not really surprising. The
error messages are informative enough, but does it have to seg fault?

Anyway, I'll proceed to try to write a configuration file.