[Libwebsockets] v2.0 crashes

Andrejs Hanins andrejs.hanins at ubnt.com
Fri May 13 14:40:45 CEST 2016

On 05/13/2016 03:11 PM, Andy Green wrote:
> Still, each creation of ctx calls SSL_library_init. In my code I need
> to recreate the ctx when network configuration
> changes, so SSL_library_init still might be called several times for
> one process. Do you think this is a problem from SSL library design
> point of view?
> I see the point, actually I dunno, because openssl and valgrind don't play well together.  Those openssl calls just seem to set statics in the process context, they seem to allocate but don't take any args.
>
> I guess it means add a context creation option flag to defeat the openssl onetime per-process init, and set it in your code for subsequent context creation.  It's probably better than add to the pile of process context variables coming out of a library.
If you mean LWS_SERVER_OPTION_DO_SSL_GLOBAL_INIT to be set only for the first ctx creation, then it doesn't work either,I tried it already. After the ctx is destroyed and created again without this flag then nothing works well and crashes after some time. I suppose because this flag affects not only SSL_library_init, but also OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms, SSL_load_error_strings and SSL_CTX_get_ex_new_index, but ctx destroy calls lws_ssl_context_destroy always. In other words, init is done once, but deinit every time when ctx is destroyed.

>> Are you going to release 2.0.2 soon? If not, I need to stick to some
>> master branch git hash.
> 2.0.1 was only yesterday, let's give it a few days.
Ok, I'll wait. No prob.