[Libwebsockets] v2.0 crashes

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Fri May 13 15:39:41 CEST 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> On May 13, 2016 7:25:43 PM GMT+08:00, Andrejs Hanins <andrejs.hanins at ubnt.com> wrote:

>>Still, each creation of ctx calls SSL_library_init. In my code I need
>>to recreate the ctx when network configuration
>>changes, so SSL_library_init still might be called several times for
>>one process. Do you think this is a problem from SSL library design
>>point of view?
>
> I see the point, actually I dunno, because openssl and valgrind don't play well
> together.  Those openssl calls just seem to set statics in the process context,
> they seem to allocate but don't take any args.

Calling the openssl initialisation functions more than once doesn't
matter, apart from it not being pretty.

There's no way for you to be able to predict if another library has
called the init functions, so there's no way you can guard against
multiple calls externally to lws - and this implies that there's no
point worrying about it internally either.

Cheers,

Roger