[Libwebsockets] Difference between lws_protocol_get and lws_get_protocol?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon May 16 23:32:48 CEST 2016

On May 17, 2016 4:47:54 AM GMT+08:00, Colin Adams <colinpauladams at gmail.com> wrote:
>These two calls both have the same signature (as far as I can see).
>What's
>the difference between the two?

No difference, when making the new accessors I accidentally implemented this as lws_protocol_get().  Later when I wanted to use the more regularly-named lws_get_protocol() - matching lws_get_context() - I saw it was missing and added it.

Use lws_get_protocol() is more consistent. I'll convert the other uses of lws_protocol_get() and mark it as deprecated.