[Libwebsockets] v2.0 coming very soon

Thomas Spitz thomas.spitz at hestia-france.com
Tue May 17 18:23:21 CEST 2016

Everything works fine with lwsws top level function.

This has shown me several interesting functions I would like to use but
without activating libev/libuv (I am on a restricted resources embedded
system) and without implementation new plugin approach (I am the only one
using lws):
- Redirect certain http port to https port
- Use cgi (namely cgitest)
- mountpoint to different system folder (egg: server-status redirects to
server-status/server-status.html)

I suppose that the above functions are not tied to lwsws but I managed to
make it work neither with ./libwebsockets-test-server nor with
./libwebsockets-test-server-v2.0 (plugin activated)
All other functions are working (Dumb Increment Demo, Mirror demo, close
testing, server info, post).

By the way:
- is it possible (easily) to restrict access (ask for login/pwd) for some
files/folders retrieved by HTTP like Apache do with .htpasswd?

- I have seen "Lws platform-independent file access apis" but is it usable
with any third party websocket client library? I suppose not...

Sorry for so many general questions.

Best regards,
Thomas