[Libwebsockets] v2.0 coming very soon

Thomas Spitz thomas.spitz at hestia-france.com
Tue May 17 19:43:04 CEST 2016

I think I will have to go for option 1 as you explained in
https://libwebsockets.org/pipermail/libwebsockets/2016-April/002303.html in
order to get an easy and maintainable solution for port redirections,  http
processing, ...:

1) Keep your existing code and attach your own mounts at vhost creation time

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/master/README.coding.md#using-lws-v2-vhosts

Lws will serve the mounted contents automatically from where it's mounted
in the server namespace

Could you confirm that this solution requires libuv and or libev? I hope
this will not stress too much my emdedded system ;-)

I think this would have been nice to have cgitest, server-status in
libwebsockets-test-server-v2.0 and libwebsockets-test-server to compare the
three solutions (the third solution is lwsws). libwebsockets-test-server is
probably not necessary as I assume it will be a depreciated solution in the
future? I will certainly try to complete libwebsockets-test-server-v2.0
tomorrow.

Best regards,
Thomas