[Libwebsockets] couple questions about SSL and multithreading

Chang, Victor vchang at akamai.com
Wed Nov 16 08:00:26 CET 2016

Hi, I’m evaluating libwebsockets for usage in an upcoming websocket server project. I have a couple questions:

1)  The lwsws + plugin model looks convenient to use. Is it possible to use this with multi-threading?  I saw example of using libwebsocket with multithreading (https://libwebsockets.org/lws-api-doc-master/html/md_README.coding.html#smp) but it didn’t use lwsws.

2) Is it possible to access openssl SSL_CTX or SSL objects?  I see a few LWS_CALLBACK_* that make SSL_CTX available. Are there other APIs to access them?

Thanks for any info,
Victor