[Libwebsockets] performance client vs server

Justin justinbeech at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:16:56 CET 2016

No worries I did the hack to see where the performance could be picked up between joining the list to send the query, and reading your reply. I thought it may be a byproduct of the protocol that made reading more work that writing.

Doing the payload in chunks in a similar way and to match the server performance would seem the right thing to do, yes. The first gain was to simply to avoid the function call for every payload byte, that doubled the speed by itself..
The rest is in moving bytes in clumps, by one method or another. The weird masking of course makes this more of a pain. (I don't know why the spec dabbled with that when SSL is the correct answer!).