[Libwebsockets] Duplicated method

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Nov 16 06:04:47 CET 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-16 at 04:40 +0000, Shmuel Weiss wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I am receiving recently this WARNING message “Duplicated method” with
> no much details. How can I debug this issue and find the root cause ?

It means LWS received HTTP that has multiple "methods" eg

GET /whatever HTTP/1.1
POST

or another GET etc.  That is invalid and the connection is dropped.

You can either dump the traffic with tcpdump if http, or crank up the
logging on lws side to see what it is parsing.  But this is about what
lws is being sent, not what lws is doing by itself.

-Andy