[Libwebsockets] Signal Trap eclisping my Trap handler

Shmuel Weiss sweiss at kramerel.com
Wed Nov 16 14:47:17 CET 2016

And why not doing this in libwebsockets?

http://www.microhowto.info/howto/ignore_sigpipe_without_affecting_other_threads_in_a_process.html

Add SIGPIPE to the signal mask using pthread_sigmask

Signals can be temporarily blocked by adding them to the signal mask using the function pthread_sigmask:

sigset_t sigpipe_mask;
sigemptyset(&sigpipe_mask);
sigaddset(&sigpipe_mask, SIGPIPE);
sigset_t saved_mask;
if (pthread_sigmask(SIG_BLOCK, &sigpipe_mask, &saved_mask) == -1) {
  perror("pthread_sigmask");
  exit(1);
}

Each thread has its own signal mask, so it is safe to do this within a library provided that you restore the mask afterwards. Blocking only defers delivery of the signal, so it remains pending, but for current purposes that will suffice.