[Libwebsockets] websocket client on ESP8266

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Nov 20 15:47:56 CET 2016

On November 20, 2016 9:33:22 PM GMT+08:00, lhl_nciae <lhl_nciae at sina.cn> wrote:

>hello,everyone
>
>As all konwn,libwebsocket had ported to esp8266 as an websocket
>server.But,how to make a websocket client on esp8266?Who had do
>it?Please tell me! Thanks!

I only have a use for server (which is quite fully supported, eg, every lws test server demo function works out of the box; v2.x plugins are supported even by compile-time #including them).  So I did not do any work porting the client side, it's disabled at cmake currently.

There are many common critical areas between client and server that will reuse the server port in plat-esp8266, like the pollfd emulation and interfacing to lwip.  But there will be enough unported areas (like esp8266 DNS lookup not using POSIX apis) someone will need to go through the client code fixing it up before it will work.

-Andy