[Libwebsockets] How to maintain a list of online clients ?

hanguofu hanguofu at 163.com
Sun Oct 23 18:01:11 CEST 2016

I thought this question had been asked before , but I still want to confirm it :

I am developing  server and client applications with libwebsocket at both sides.  I would like to maintain a list of all of the online clients at the server side so that the server can talk to a  client which has been silent and still online. Are LWS_CALLBACK_ESTABLISHED and  LWS_CALLBACK_CLOSED enough to maintain such information ? Is tcp keepalive a must  to achieve this goal ?

Regards !

Guofu Han