[Libwebsockets] client never connects if lws_service timeout is zero

Rob Agar rob at engineeredarts.co.uk
Mon Oct 10 11:30:34 CEST 2016

On 08/10/16 01:07, Andy Green wrote:
> What's the legit use-case for asking to enter a poll wait with 0
> timeout from the user code?  If there is one then maybe something to
> do, but eg libuv loop ignores it, external poll waits externally...

My use case is a C++ WebRTC application which uses libwebsockets
(wrapped up in a C++ library) to do signals communication.  The
application event loop has control. On each application tick I just need
to call /lws_service/ to do websocket operations, without waiting if
nothing is pending.  Preventing busywaiting is taken care of by the
application.

Sound legit? ;)