[Libwebsockets] SSL Connect Error

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Oct 17 09:57:08 CEST 2016

On October 17, 2016 3:45:20 PM GMT+08:00, techi eth <techieth at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have observed below error when connecting web socket client to
>server.

Which one is using lws?

The lws test server and test client can talk okay?

>ERR: SSL connect error 336122100: error:1408D0F4:SSL
>routines:ssl3_get_key_exchange:unexpected message
>
>Please give me hint what could go wrong.

It seems the ssl negotiation didn't complete.

Maybe the remote peer doesn't support any key exchange protocol the local side allows, openssl on one side or the other too old.  Maybe one side doesn't even support ssl.

You'll have to debug it since you have the symptom.

-Andy