[Libwebsockets] Need advice on libwebsockets

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Oct 29 02:40:46 CEST 2016

On October 29, 2016 8:01:18 AM GMT+08:00, "Nocs ..." <NoCos30 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi there,
>

>I just found this marvelous as it seems till now sockets in c and i
>would like to know first of all cause i couldnt find any info about it

Doxygen docs are here

https://libwebsockets.org/lws-api-doc-master/html/index.html

>If this libwebsockets can connect to an online server script by a local
>app and also if it can connect with 80 port as a webpage cause
>
>as usual in shared hosting plans they dont enable others ports so
>scripts with different port other than 80 are usual blocked and
>unreachable

Not sure what you're trying to do... yes lws can do those things, but if websockets isn't involved you can just use wget or curl in your script much easier.

>I am not an expert on c but i would like to know also cause i want to
>use it in a personal c++ win32 app project i have and test it,
>
>will it be able to included inside such app or i need a c# project ?

This is nothing to do with C#.  If C# looked like an answer there's something wrong with the question.

On windows lws comes out as a dll + .lib file, you include that in your project.

Build and try the test server and client... the sources for these are CC0 and intended to be copied and adapted in your own code.

-Andy