[Libwebsockets] Statically Linking OpenSSL

Justin Osterholt shroder at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 15:23:00 CEST 2016


I'm running into a problem on Windows 10 where the test server binaries and
my own custom binary is requiring  libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll
when those libraries should have been statically linked.

I'm not sure if I'm missing an option or if my OpenSSL libs are compiled

I've used "-DLWS_WITH_SHARED=OFF" while building with MinGW.

The OpenSSL library is from community binaries
<https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html> from Shining Light.

I've tried checking the lib to see if it's a stub using Microsoft's "lib
/list" and MinGW's "ar -t", and both print a list of .o. I don't know what
to expect if there was a stub or shared library in there.

Best Wishes,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://libwebsockets.org/pipermail/libwebsockets/attachments/20160921/89f8ee29/attachment.html>

More information about the Libwebsockets mailing list