[Libwebsockets] Statically Linking OpenSSL

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Sep 23 12:21:07 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-09-21 at 13:23 +0000, Justin Osterholt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running into a problem on Windows 10 where the test server
> binaries and my own custom binary is requiring  libcrypto-1_1.dll and
> libssl-1_1.dll when those libraries should have been statically
> linked.
>
> I'm not sure if I'm missing an option or if my OpenSSL libs are
> compiled wrong.
>
> I've used "-DLWS_WITH_SHARED=OFF" while building with MinGW.

The mingw stuff is contributed, it wouldn't surprise me if between
shared and static it was only tested with whatever the author was
using.

> The OpenSSL library is from community binaries from Shining Light.
>
> I've tried checking the lib to see if it's a stub using Microsoft's
> "lib /list" and MinGW's "ar -t", and both print a list of .o. I don't
> know what to expect if there was a stub or shared library in there.

I dunno if it sends you in a bad direction, but cygwin provides a
version of ldd that does what ldd does on windows executables.

As it's windows, maybe someone else on the list can help you about this
better than I can.

-Andy