[Libwebsockets] http client callback owner

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Mon Apr 24 01:54:19 CEST 2017

On 24 April 2017 05:33:16 GMT+08:00, Joel Winarske <joel.winarske at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Why?  Just this --->?
>>

>I think there should be two unique protocol members for http client
>info:
>1.  server protocol.  The "Server" side WS protocol name.  Used as the
>value for the "sec-protocol" header.
>2.  callback protocol.  The name of the protocol plug-in which handles
>the
>http client callbacks.
>
>I'm running into cases where they are not the same value.
>
>Renaming the plugin protocol to match the server isn't a great option.

Does it help to point out you can associate part or all of a vhost's URL space with a protocol using mounts?

There is a CALLBACK mount type that directs the http stuff to the protocol handler named in the origin part of the mount.  In the JSON config it's like this in the mount definition

"origin": "callback://protocol-lws-messageboard",

This gives you a lot more flexibility in terms of supporting multiple things in one vhost at different URLs.

-Andy