[Libwebsockets] http client callback owner

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Apr 25 02:35:44 CEST 2017

On 04/25/2017 08:21 AM, Joel Winarske wrote:
> To clarify.  In the case where the client proposes multiple protocols,
> and the server responds with one:  On the client side there would need
> to be a defined callback for each proposed protocol, or it goes to the
> default HTTP handler (effectively the bit bucket).  Correct?  If this
> is the case, I was just confused, and am much better now ;)

The client is the guy that initially proposes the protocol[s], so he
wouldn't propose anything he didn't know how to deal with / have a
callback for.

In the case that he did not propose any protocol, the server assumes
it's implicitly the default protocol for that vhost, and carries on with
the ws handshake without sending a protocol header either.  In that
case, by default, its protocols[0] that is assumed to be selected on the
client side.  But, you can control which protocol actually handles these
NULL protocol situations using a per-vhost option

https://github.com/warmcat/libwebsockets/blob/master/test-server/test-server-v2.0.c#L147

Using the JSON config, as told in README.lwsws.md it's like

|"ws-protocols": [{ "warmcat-timezoom": { "status": "ok", "default": "1"
} }]|

-Andy