[Libwebsockets] serving compressed http response from a zip archive

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Tue Feb 14 03:23:16 CET 2017

On 02/13/2017 05:50 PM, Andy Green wrote:
> No this is great, I pushed it on master already.

Thanks - I confirmed it works.

> I take it we want to improve the vfs fd to have private data + pointer to context or ops, then think about how to generalize / integrate your gzip work?

If serve-from-zip support is something you'd like to include
in stock libwebsockets that I'm happy to help with that.

Regardless an easier-to-use VFS layer would be good.

My immediate problem is that I use JUnZip, which I quickly
realized has major portability programs - it assumes both a
little-endian architecture and gcc __packed__ attributes.

So I have to decide to clean up junzip (compact, familiar)
or use some other library (probably contrib/minizip from zlib).
(The former is probably easier.)
--
	--Per Bothner