[Libwebsockets] suggestion: Add include/libsockets.h link to build directory

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Feb 26 03:43:52 CET 2017

On February 26, 2017 11:27:29 AM GMT+09:00, Per Bothner <per at bothner.com> wrote:
>It would be helpful to be able to use the build directory "in-place"
>i.e. after 'make' but without 'make install'.

The main things that have led to it not being easy to use like that are

 - binding the .so at runtime is usually a matter of ldconfig and /etc/ld.so.conf, implying copying the libs somewhere that's set up to look at

 - the test apps want assets in a /usr/share type place set at build-time

I can imagine how to make the second fall back to looking at some ../ dir also in build, but is your scheme going to be okay finding the libs at runtime like that as well as link-time?

-Andy