[Libwebsockets] Scalability - overhead, perf, etc

Joel Winarske joel.winarske at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:20:20 CET 2017

What is the overhead per WS protocol implementation, when it comes to
performance?  I'm thinking, event list looping overhead, threading, context
switches, etc.  What is the point of diminishing return, when adding
additional WS protocols?

Would it be better to use a single WS, and unify an upper layer protocol,
or multiple WS implementations with a thinly spread protocol?

I know what my instinct tells me, but I would like to hear it from someone
else ;)

Also is the Nagle algorithm flag touched in libwebsockets?

Thanks,
Joel