[Libwebsockets] Can I use libwebsocket with Apache 2.0 Licensed project ?

Harish Kumara harish.kumara123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:10:43 CET 2017

Hi All,
I am thinking of using libwebsockets in an oprn source project which is
licensed under Apache 2.0.

I am worried about the license compatibility As libwebsocket is licensed
under LGPL + SLE

I have some queries to get them clear before goinh ahead with libwebsockets.

1. If I use libwebsocket in open source project then does the whole project
needs to be released under LGPL ?

2. Can I link libwebsocket libraries statically or dynamically with rest of
the project ?

3. If in case needed any modifications in libwebsocket source code for
particularly for the project I am going to use then can I do that ?