[Libwebsockets] WSI creation

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Tue Jan 24 06:35:00 CET 2017

On 01/24/2017 01:31 PM, techi eth wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am observing scenario which I was not able to understand with WSI
> creation.
>
> I have got connected with my test server & got WSI. Now if I remove
> network then I am getting connection error followed by WSI destroy (I
> think this is due to PING/PONG with server).On Receiving WSI destroy I
> am trying again for connection with same context  by
> lws_client_connect_via_info().On Every retry I am getting error & on
> same I am trying again for connection.
>
> I have observed I am getting sometime same WSI sometime different WSI.
> Could you please give me more on handling of WSI by libwebsocket so it
> will easy for me in handling.

The wsi pointer is just a chunk of memory allocated by malloc().  If you
allocate, then free something, the same chunk of memory is free to be
allocated again.  So there is nothing strange or wrong about what you
describe.

The fact you care though, suggests you're trying to tell that the wsi
changed... you should instead do what the test client does, set your
outer copy of the wsi to NULL when it fails to connect, or closes.