[Libwebsockets] How to build libwebsockets for tizen?

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Thu Jul 13 20:41:25 CEST 2017

On July 13, 2017 11:51:52 PM GMT+08:00, Harish Kumara <harish.kumara123 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello All,
>I need to build libwebsockets for tizen platform in order to use this
>library in one of my application. Building for tizen requires creation
>of
>packaging folder and .manifest files to be copied to libwebsockets
>code.
>Does creating folder/files for building libwebsockets for tizen violate
>its
>LGPLv2.1+SLE license?

Just adding files doesn't make trouble... you can modify or do what you like on your own PC.

However if you distribute the built package, you need to ensure the recipients have the chance to get your lws source additions / changes. The easiest way is usually send us the changes and we'll add them to lws, then it's enough to point people to our repo somewhere (the packaging usually lets you declare a source url).

If tizen have a source repo and you put the modified lws sources there and point to it in the packaging, it's also enough.

>BTW tizen package repository also provides libwebsockets rpm package
>but
>it's 1.2 version, I want to use 2.2 version.

Yeah that is way too old.