[Libwebsockets] SegFault for Websocket Server on Multiple Network Interface

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Jul 15 12:05:07 CEST 2017

On 07/15/2017 05:57 PM, techi eth wrote:
> I was trying to understand lws code to create functionality for stopping
> vhost from past few days. I know it will not be so easy without knowing
> full overview of code flow & data structure.
>

> I have just implemented small patch which will actually stop the server
> attached to vhost based on interface However I am not sure I am doing
> right way or not.I haven't tested completely patch so it is not advice
> to use by anyone.
>

> It will be helpful if you will give some hint for implementation so that
> it will be easy & right direction for me to implement.
>
> If you have any implementation done on same then please share i will be
> able to test to confirm.
>
> I have one doubt when I have created two server (One on each network
> interface) why I am getting fds_count 3. (I was expecting fds_count 2
> one for each server)
There is a pipe created for each service thread, so we can interrupt a
poll() wait from another thread.  Otherwise, changes to POLLOUT etc (ie,
request for writable callback) would not be recognized by the service
thread until the next time we enter poll().

I just started on this today myself... others are asking for it on github.

It's done but I need to figure out a way to add it to a test app so we
can know it does what it is supposed to.

I confirmed it can do the context close OK on poll() and libuv which was
my main worry.

I'll send an update later.

-Andy