[Libwebsockets] OpenSSL 1.1.0c

Joel Winarske joel.winarske at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 19:23:39 CET 2017

Hi Andy,

When building with OpenSSL 1.1.0c I get deprecation error after I rebuild
OpenSSL to enable SSLv3:

error: ‘SSLv3_client_method’ is deprecated [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
  method = (SSL_METHOD *)SSLv3_client_method();

In the docs it has:

The SSLv2 and SSLv3 protocols are deprecated and should generally not be
used. Applications should typically use SSL_CTX_set_options
<https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/ssl/SSL_CTX_set_options.html> in
combination with the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3 flag to disable negotiation of SSLv3
via the above version-flexible SSL/TLS methods. The SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2 option
is set by default, and would need to be cleared via SSL_CTX_clear_options
<https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.0.2/ssl/SSL_CTX_clear_options.html> in
order to enable negotiation of SSLv2.

Is this something you are planning to update?  I need this OpenSSL version
for use with nghttp2.

Thanks,
Joel